In the Past Imperfect

19.5.11

Day 75

I finally got the digital proof back from Createspace for the interior of my book. My level of excitement is perhaps a bit disproportionate to the significance of the event, but "Shoot! It's starting to look like a REAL book!" The Kindle version just didn't seem to have the same impact.

Of course now the problem is that I need to proofread again. For some reason, I wasn't too fussed about the Kindle version still having the odd sly typo that managed to escape my attention (and that of the dozen friends that helped me proofread the first time around).

But a typo in the print version? On someone's shelf? Sitting there, immortal, for all to see like a shameful scarlet letter "T"? I'd be mortified.

Fortunately, I've once again managed to round up 4 more trusty friends (including one English professor) to lend a hand. Which just goes to show how many people you really need to make a book - and I don't mean the ones that take commission.

Isn't it beautiful?!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I just got the laptop, so I could get the e-version, but I'm still desiring to have a print copy in hand. I may have to hold out to get this version, my dear, because it looks SO COOL to see in print like that! I'd love to have it on my bookshelf! Keep us posted on its progress. :)

    ReplyDelete